Focus on Core Strength
Heart Quality: Practicing Loving Acts of Kindness
Focus: Pelvic and Kidney Loop
Quote for the Week: “The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best of a good man’s life” William Wordsworth
THE PHILOSOPHY OF CHARLES SCHULZ:
Just Ponder these questions:
- Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
- Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
- Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
The applause dies…..
Achievements are forgotten…..
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now ponder these:
- List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
- Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money…or the most awards.
They simply are the ones who care the most.
Be yourself. Everyone Else is Taken!
Pranayama: Sitting in Sukasana – Deliberately feel the breath draw into the core on the Inhale and then send it out on the Exhale
- Supta Padangusthasana
- Cat/Cow – Sense breath initiating movement which comes from the Pelvis
- All 4’s Leg Back – to Nose – Leg Back
- All 4’s – Leg Back, Pivot Foot – Vasisthasana Variation
- All 4’s – Plank
- All 4’s – Plank –Upward Facing Dog – Repeat 4 Times
- Push Up to Plank – KL, Squeeze Thighs
- Bridge with Block/Without to Release Back
- Dog - Lunge – Knee Down – Anjaneasana – Lunge – Lower Down Chataranga to Floor – Cobra – Dog (Last Lunge – Standing Forward Bend – Tadasana)
- Lunge – Trikonasana - Parsvottanasana Intense Side Stretch - Revolved Triangle
- Navasana – Hold at Legs 30 degrees and 60 degrees
- Navasana with Twist
- Lay on Back, Hands behind head, Legs up and Lift torso toward ceiling
- Side Plank Holding for 30 Sec.
- Side Plank with Upper Arm Coming up and Down 15 Counts
- All 4’s - Dog on Wall - Feet way up wall like Plank - ½ Handstand
- Halasana Plow Use blankets
- Sarvangasana – Shoulder Stand
- Back Foot on Wall – Warrior 3
- Ardha Chandrasana with Back Foot on Wall
- Hands on Hips (No Hands), Twist into the Pose
- Dangling Uttanasana – Hands clasp Behind Legs, Shoulders Relaxed – No Effort!!! Can Bend Knees if Intense – After Several Minutes come to Tadasana – Relax still – Enjoy
- Forward Bend with Hands on Shins – Snuggle Feet to Floor! Forward Fold is initiated by turning the hips into dog tilt
- Hands to Ankles but Keep Arms Straight – Back Straight
- Bend Elbows and Keep on Shins
- Clasp Elbows and Slide them down the Shinbones Toward Ankles – Same as Dangling Uttanasana but are Active not Limp
- Bend Knees resting Torso on Thighs – Arms behind back with Fingers Interlaced – Straighten arms overhead
- Straighten the Legs – Return to Step #2
Cool Down: 1. Jathara Parivatanasana 2. Happy Baby
The Dalai Lama says: “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
The Buddha’s says: “Make of yourself a light.”